Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 4 Eats & A Good Sign

If you follow along on Instagram (@primalhippie by the way) you might have seen some of these photos already. Sorry!


Breakfast started out with a bang! I got in some greens first thing after I noticed the lack of them on yesterdays menu. More spicy sausage that was blended up right in our very own meat market. Two over easy eggs fried in coconut oil on a bed of baby romaine.



I practiced yoga for about 30 minutes right around lunch time. When I was done with that I was in no mood for heavy rich food. Smoothie it is! Banana, Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, almond milk, and chia seeds. I have a Justin's addiction. I know this! When I attempt to complete a Whole30 in August I am going to have to give it up. Waaaahhhh! I poured this gorgeous concoction in my KOL pint glass and enjoyed. So excited that I get to see those boys in 3 days!

 
 
Dinnertime came and we were out of town. Normally when we are on the go we hit up Panera for healthy and tasty eats. You must remember that we are in Arkansas and even the bigger towns have yet to pick up on the farm to table craze. There are no amazing grassfed restaurants. No pop ups offering Paleo type fare. The three best places to eat in this town are Panera, Five Guys, and the local health food store. Yesterday evening I must have been out of my head because I let the 9 year old talk me into something else. He was debating for sushi which I almost agreed too, but I knew I couldn't be good and forgo the rice so I said no. He then rallied for Olive Garden. In the back of my mind I knew it was going to be a disaster. We got there. I ignored the breadsticks and requested their gluten free menu. It was tiny. Literally three options. What was I to expect though. I ordered their Mixed Grill. It was supposed to come with grilled veggies and broccoli with steak and chicken in a rosemary demiglaze. Instead of broccoli mine came with potatoes. I suspected they had been coated in flour before being roasted so I avoided them like the plague. All in all it was just yuck! I won't be talked out of our tried and true places again. I would have been much happier with a Five Guys burger bunless topped with jalapenos and other yumminess.


My not good dinner and evil potatoes!


 
But upon arriving home last night we got the most unexpected gift from good ole' Mother Nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment